The holiday season is right around the corner, and it’s as good as a time as ever for your business to invest in some charitable giving. Traditionally, most business opt for writing a check to a worthy cause or organization. However, if you want your brand to be known for its continuous efforts in helping the community, you may want to consider a long-term plan for giving thanks across all avenues.
Your time is an equally appreciated form of donation. Instead of just giving financial gifts this holiday season, consider organizing Habitat for Humanity days for your employees to help build houses for people in need. Or, partake in a toy drive to make sure all kids receive a gift this year. Figure out how, when and why you want to give back and create a consistent approach to giving throughout the year.
Some Ideas for Your Giving Efforts
- Sponsor, host or fundraise an event for a cause.
- Build charitable giving into your marketing plan.
- Create a charity committee within your business.
- Share a portion of your profit with the community.
- Allow employees to use paid time off days to volunteer.
- Encourage employee giving through gift matching programs.
As you gear up for a holiday dinner with your family, consider the many ways your business can give thanks by giving back to the local community – and by doing it in a way that benefits your business and employees as well.
Happy Holidays from the Heat Design Group!