If you want to ensure the success of your company, attract more customers and gain a loyal customer base, you must make smart marketing decisions. Whether you own a small cupcake shop or are starting a local finance business, you need a straight-forward marketing plan that’s affordable and easy to manage.
Where to begin?
There is no one-size-fits-all marketing solution for small businesses. Every business is different – you need to figure out what strategies and tactics will work best for your unique situation. Research is essential to navigating the tricky world of marketing. You should familiarize yourself with what to do and what not to do.
- Customers are your priority. You need to understand who your customers are, what they want from you and how to establish a long-term relationship with them.
- Set goals for your marketing plan. What do you want your marketing plan to accomplish? Try setting goals in terms of revenue, leads, new sales, etc.
- Offer a great product or service. Marketing and advertising have no point if no one wants what you’re selling. Understand your customers and create a great product or service they’ll really want/need.
- Create influential marketing materials. In order to market your brand, product and services, you need a collection of powerful marketing resources, including business cards, sales brochures, a website, etc.
What if funds are limited for marketing?
The great thing about marketing is the plan can be tailored to fit your budget. You don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on marketing to get the results you desire, all you need is a little bit of creativity and diligence. Focusing on building relationships, sharpening your own marketing skills and promoting your business through free directories are just a few ways to market on a budget.
What are some ways to market my business?
- Start networking at events.
- Create a memorable elevator pitch.
- Help your local community by sponsoring a charity event.
- Hone your public speaking skills to demonstrate your expertise.
- Collaborate with other companies to expand your customer base.
- Get insight from successful, non-competitive businesses in your area.
- Utilize social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Start with the basics for marketing success!
Develop a marketing plan, understand your audience and deliver a great product/service.