From social media platforms to Google advertisements, the digital marketing era has transformed the way companies reach potential consumers. As a result, companies are too eager to put traditional methods, like print marketing, to rest. Although there has been a surge of increased convenience for businesses and consumers alike in regards to online marketing, print advertising is not dead yet and remains a helpful tool for getting maximum business exposure.
Advantages of Print Media
- Tangible Materials: Printed advertisements are touchable and can be stored for later reference. There’s also no need to access a computer, tablet or smartphone. Digital ads have a tendency to disappear into cyber space and become increasingly more difficult to locate.
- Establish Credibility: Consumers are always wary about the credibility of online advertisements due to the overwhelming amount of viruses, pop-ups, questionable websites, etc. Print advertisements usually seem more legitimate and establish a sense of trust.
- Increase Engagement: Computer screens are harsh on a viewer’s eyes which is why most people resort to quickly scanning webpages. However, consumers are more likely to read printed material.
- Loyal Readership: Print media sources tend to have more loyal readers for longer periods of time.
- Free Consumers from Technology: Print advertising gives consumers a moment to unplug from the constant technology around them. Technology is a big part of our lives, so it’s no wonder why consumers enjoy the opportunity to take a break and turn off their electronic devices.
Don’t Migrate Your Advertising Efforts Solely Online – Save Some Room for Print
Unlike the burning rivalry between Mac and PC, digital and print advertising don’t have to be in combat. Businesses shouldn’t feel compelled to choose a side and stick with it. If you want to create an effective marketing strategy, it may be beneficial to think about multi-channel campaigns (digital and print). Combining the advantages of print and digital media will help you reach, engage and retain customers more effectively.