Our minds respond to color because it instantaneously conveys meaning without words. Therefore, color plays an important role in determining how consumers will view your brand. Using a color scheme that’s representative of a company’s vision, products and services is essential for building successful connections with consumers.
Color is the first element your consumer will notice, so make it count!
Where Should You Begin?
Before choosing a color scheme consider the psychological meanings of different colors and how they impact a viewer’s emotion. Have a clear vision of the “personality” you want your brand to portray. What are your values? How do you want customers to see you? These questions will help you choose colors that symbolize your brand.
Well-Known Color Meanings
- Red: Urgent, Intense, Important, Aggressive
- Blue: Calm, Tranquil, Strength, Reliability
- Green: Wealth, Growth, Stability, Renewal, Nature
- Yellow: Energetic, Positive, Enthusiastic
- Orange: Warmth, Happiness, Vibrant, Energy
- Purple: Wealth, Royalty, Creativity, Innovation
- Brown: Organic, Earth-Like, Natural
- Black: Authority, Power, Sophistication
Always Remember That Color Meanings Are Subjective
Color in any design is very subjective. Reactions to color may vary dramatically depending on cultural influences, personal experiences and even gender. Women are known to enjoy softer colors while men find brighter colors more appealing. Understanding your brand, as well as your customers, will help you determine the most appropriate color scheme for your brand.